- Star Rating
- 5.0 star rating
- 84 Moo 5
One of the very few resorts on Ko Samui with its own private beach, The Tongsai Bay is splendidly located in Northeastern Samui. Every room is adorned with a spacious terrace and an open-air facilities highlighting on a bath-with-a-view feature, under the concept of ‘Great Outdoor Living’. The resort truly epitomizes a perfect getaway among nature with the personal touch of being owner-managed and staff’s friendliness.
The forty - nine individual cottages have been designed to accommodate the environment as well as the guests - hence the unique 'Rock Suites' where nature's beauty actually extends through the floor into the bedrooms - and each of the 24 hotel rooms has a private balcony that affords an excellent view over the peaceful cove. Room Facilities: En suite bathroom, IDD telephone, air-conditioner, refrigerator, mini - bar, tea and coffee making facilities, colour TV with video programmes.
Our Private Beach is by no means small. It is 200 metres long and never gets crowded even when all rooms are fully occupied.
* Free use of non-motorised water sports: sailing boats (hobie-cats), canoes, windsurf, and snorkeling equipments. Jet skis are banned from our bay.
* Free use of swimming pools (children under 14 years old are not permitted to use the half-moon swimming pool), Jacuzzi pool, children’s wading pool and tennis court (rackets and tennis balls provided at the reception desk).
* Complimentary unlimited bottled drinking water everywhere in the resort.
* Free use of exercise room: an air-conditioned 120 sq.m. exercise room with weights and modern exercise equipment.
* Tour desk for sightseeing tours, scuba diving and deep sea fishing etc.
* Gift shop with a selection of local Thai handicrafts and hotel merchandise.
* Ga-la recreation room offers a large projection TV, magazines, books, a pool table, table football, and a DVD/VCD/CD library featuring a collection of movies and music which can be borrowed free of charge for your private viewing/listening.
* Avis car rent.
* Local taxi service.
* Baby sitting (on request).
* Currency exchange.
- Smoking area
- Children’s swimming area
- Games room
- Outdoor freshwater pool
- Sun loungers
- TV lounge
- 24-hour reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- À la carte dinner
- À la carte lunch
- Breakfast buffet
- Currency exchange facilities
- Hotel safe
- Laundry service
- Medical service
- NO Garage
- NO Large pets allowed (over 5 kg)
- NO Small pets allowed (under 5 kg)
- NO Wheelchair-accessible
- Pool / snooker
- Room service*
- Set menu dinner
- Set menu lunch
- Sun terrace
- Transfer service*
- Wired Internet*
- YES Car park*
- Spa centre
- Spa treatments*
- 24-hour reception
- Air conditioned
- Hotels with charm
- Sport hotels
- Swimming Pool
- Double rooms: 83
- NO Connecting rooms
- Number of floors (main building): 1
- Suites: 68
- Total number of rooms: 83
- Villas: 15
- Year of construction: 1987
- Year of most recent renovation: 2003
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Direct dial telephone
- Double bed
- Individually adjustable air conditioning
- Internet access
- Ironing set
- King-size bed
- Mini fridge
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Services marked with (*) shall be paid at the establishment.
Dining at The Tongsai Bay is a truly memorable experience. The hotel’s various dining options include a wide variety of cuisines to intrigue even the most discerning of palates and satisfy the heartiest appetites.
Embellished with colorful lanterns from Chiang Mai, the Lobby Lounge’s long-benched terrace beckon guests to recline on fluffy cushions with a drink in hand.
Named after Chef Piengchom Dhabanand, a culinary consultant and long-time friend of the Hoontrakul family, Chef Chom’s serves authentic Royal Thai Cuisine in a breezy courtyard surrounded by ponds and picturesque views of the bay. The current recipe is from M.L. Puang Tinnakorn.
Set on a secluded beach, this favourite haunt for guests is ideal for a lazy, late lunch or just dawdling with chilled drinks. The evenings are even better with romantic dinners.
Exclusively reserved for lovers of peace and quiet, this small but compelling restaurant seats just 20, serving tasty modern Asian cuisine prepared by Chef Alvin Tan Kin Chee in an intimate atmosphere overlooking a crescent-shaped swimming pool.
Located right on the beach, Sip is a relaxing place tailor-made for sitting down with a cup of coffee and a piece of home-made cake while you read a book, surf the internet, or just marvel at the exquisite sea view.
The Tongsai Bay Cottages are located on the northeast coast of Samui Island in the Gulf of Thailand, The Tongsai Bay Cottages are set in 25 acres of beautiful gardens designed to blend harmoniously with the surroundings.
Currently no specific policy is available. It's likely that the common policy applies: Children below 12 years of age stay free of charge in their parent's room in a cot/rollaway bed. Breakfast for the child has to be purchased extra. For other children an extra bed has to be booked (Triple Room).